At Spro, we offer a small area for community groups, organizations and non-profits to post notices for the benefit of the greater community. In order to facilitate this, we have created this guidelines to help you understand our policies.
Our community display area is small and space is limited. Therefore, it is on a first-come, first-served basis and Spro reserves all rights and makes no guarantees that space will be available. Posting sizes are also limited to standard brochure (3.5"x8.5") or 4"x6" postcards.
The following applies to all public bulletin boards and all literature display areas used for the aforementioned purposes.
1. All items must be accepted by the manager or a designated staff member before being posted.
2. Items approved for display will be signed with a removal date and initials of the staff member.
3. Posted items should have a contact name and telephone number for further information or clarification.
4. The Manager or designated staff member will post materials so that materials are neatly posted and adequate space for the posting can be determined.
5. Only the Manager or designated staff member or original person requesting an item be posted may remove notices.
6. Materials that support or oppose any political candidate or ballot measure will not be displayed. However, election information, such as that provided by the Secretary of State or the League of Women Voters may be made available.
7. Petitions may not be posted.
8. Once items are removed, they are discarded.
9. Items posted or left on tables without authorization will be removed and discarded.
10. Oversized posters may be rejected because of space limitations.
11. If display boards or distribution areas become crowded, staff reserves the right to remove the oldest materials in order to make room for newer items.
12. Spro does not assume responsibility for materials damaged or stolen.
13. The goal of the Spro is to maintain a position of impartiality. Therefore, we will accept items without discrimination on the basis of political or religious content.
14. Acceptance of materials for display does not imply Spro’s endorsement of a group or organization, its policies or beliefs.
15. Bulletin board postings may not promote the use of alcohol, illegal drugs, or tobacco products, nor contain any information or subject matter which violates city, state, or federal statutes.
Updated: 18 July 2017